Foam Conversion: Cutting, Routing, and Profiling
Foam Conversion is the process of shaping and cutting foam to size and requirements. This is via a combination of cutting, profiling, Knifing, Turning, Laminating and Coating. From the base concept of taking sheets or rolls of foam, conversion can produce a tailor made foam to your size and shape.
We are an experienced foam conversion company with a large amount of experience. We provide trade and industry with foam products made to your requirements and purposes.
- Splitting – creating sheets of foam from large blocks
- Band-knifing – cutting into squares or rectangles using a very sharp blade
- Die Cutting – cutting into 2-D shapes using a die stamp (similar to a pastry cutter)
- Log Cutting – create coils from a Jumbo roll of foam
- Routing – 3D CNC cutting of closed cell Polyethylene foam to create cut outs at various depths in the foam.
- Contour Cutting – create 3-D shapes from a block of Polyurethane Foam
- Egg Box Profiling
- Angle Knifing
Kiss Cutting. Creating 2D shapes with a self-adhesive backing. The product is left on the release paper for easy removal.
- Lamination – applying self-adhesive backings, foils, brushed nylon, PVC or other substrates
- Spray coating with a fine mist of PVC to create a barrier coat to seal holes in open cell grades
- Flash Cutting. CNC cutting which can create small volume runs without the need for tooling. Creates parts with parallel edges (die cutting creates concave edges)
- Waterjet Cutting – using a high power jet of water to cut the foam
- Turning and Boring – we can create rollers up to 400mm long in PU foams
For more information please give us a call or fill out the enquiry form