EPDM Sponge Rubber is a closed cell foam/rubber which makes it ideal for sealing applications.
The real name for EDPM foam rubber is Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer. This foam is used in many general gasket/seal outdoor applications where oil resistance is not required. EPDM Sponge Rubber has excellent ozone, UV light resistance, and weather resistance.
Neoprene / EPDM Blends
These foam blends are co-polymers of Neoprene and EPDM closed cell sponge rubbers, which offer the properties of both grades of materials. The blend ratio’s dictate the properties to a certain extent. Such foams are becoming the predominant grades for industry. They are replacing both pure Neoprene and EPDM as a good General Purpose grade of sponge rubber.
- Used where low resistance to oil and UV/Ozone is necessary but a degree of fuel and oil resistance.
- Flame Retardant classification to UL94 HF 1 is available. The foams come with or without a self adhesive backing and can be cut into coils for sealing tapes.
Intec Foams manage both large and small enquiries, we are here to help.
- Excellent Acid/Alkali & steam resistance
- Lower cost to Neoprene
- Good abrasion, weathering & ozone resistance
- Poor oil & solvent resistance
- Standard temperature resistance +90° C continuous / +100°C intermittent
- FR to UL94, FMVSS 302
- Low cost Seals & Gaskets
- Mouse Mats
- Light Seals
- Vibration Damping
- Mounting Tapes
Other grades are available, so please ask us if there is something specific required.