EVA Foam is a type of foam rubber used in industrial and commercial applications. Used for Sports Equipment, Toys, Orthotics, and more.
Intec Foams supply and convert EVA Foam Rubber. EVA Foam is otherwise known as Ethylene Vinyl Acetate foam. Products can include Foam Sheets, Expanded Foam Rubber, Mats, Sports Equipment, children’s toys, and more. EVA foam is primarily used in industrial and commercial applications. As EVA is a closed cell foam, it is particularly suited to gaskets or similar applications.
EVA foam is a co-polymer of ethylene and vinyl acetate. The rubber foam is closed cell and therefore impervious to liquids, so is ideal for applications such as sealing foam. EVA can also be used in IP (Intrinsic Protection) rated products or as an insulating foam. The vinyl acetate used in EVA foam rubber construction gives the foam a more rubbery and resilient feel, hence why it is often referred to as foam rubber. This is in contrast to polyethylene foam at the same density. Polyethylene foam (PE Foam) and EVA Foam are so alike that you will often get people referring to PE as EVA, and vice versa.
EVA Foam is a polymer that approaches elastomeric materials in softness and flexibility. It can however, be processed like other thermoplastics.
EVA Foam : Properties
- Closed Cell Foam
- Excellent recovery properties
- Many densities, colours and hardness’s available subject to MOQ’s
- Light weight
- Good low-temperature toughness
- Good stress-crack resistance
- Resistance to UV
- Little or no odour
- Competitive with rubber and vinyl products in many applications
- Excellent for printing on
EVA Foam : Usage
- sports equipment, such as ski boots, hockey, boxing, mixed martial arts, and more
- Floats for commercial fishing gear
- Shock absorber in sports shoes,
- Childs toys
- Traction Pads for surfboards & skimboards
- Arts & Crafts
- Sports Mats
- Stable Mats and other equestrian products
- Life Jackets
- Many other potential applications
EVA Foam Densities
- EV50 grey
- PE125EV red, yellow, green, black & blue(colours in 2mm and 6mm). Other thicknesses are available in black.
- PE30EEV and PE45EEV are new products in black with extra EVA additive. MOQ’s are a blocks worth.