Melamine Foam thanks to its versatility, can be used in simple as well as technically demanding applications.
It is a low-density, open-cell polymer material, which offers specific benefits in certain applications, particularly where sound absorption, fire retardancy, heat and chemical resistance are required in a flexible, lightweight material.
- Low Density (11 Kg/m³) – low weight factors
- Wide temperature Range up to 240°C [465°F]
- Excellent Acoustic Properties
- Excellent Thermal Insulation
- Excellent Low Temperature Flexibility
- Constant Physical properties over a wide temperature range
- Flame Resistance
- Ceiling Tiles & Wall Panels in Public Transport
- Baffles in Sound Recording Studios.
- Suspended Ceiling baffles/Traps in buildings with high ceilings in the Construction Industry.
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning linings, Pipe Lagging.
- Aircraft Seating
- Cleaning & Spillage
- Thermo-formable Automotive Parts
- Low Temperature Insulation of Liquid Gas Tanks
- Heat & Noise Management in Cars
Melamine foam can be laminated to other high specification facings such as foil, Kevlar fibres, glass cloth amongst others.
New Ultra-light versions are available for Aerospace applications at 6 Kg/m³ for weight saving and thus fuel savings.
The foams have the ability to be compression moulded to give unique shapes.