When a closed cell foam is compressed, it squashes the gas bubbles inside and promptly recovers on removal of the compressive force, so not only is it good as a seal, but also for impact absorption.
- Air seals
- Water seals
- Expansion Joints for filling large voids prior to using expensive sealants
- Gaskets to mate 2 surfaces together where multiple holes are in place
- Seals for electronic equipment
- Many Others too
- Neoprene Sponge is high cost end of the sponge rubbers for its superior properties in many areas such as sea water, oil & fuel resistance.
- EPDM Sponge – A lower cost sponge rubber for general sealing applications especially for outdoor applications.
- PVC Foam – A low density sealing grade used mainly where conformability is needed such as in glazing units.
- PVC/Nitrile Foam – Low density sponge rubber where energy/impact absorption, thermal insulation and softness is required.
- Polyethylene Foam – A low density and versatile foam, used in many different applications. Excellent where low temperature and chemical resistance is required.
There are now
- Neoprene/ EPDM Blends available now, which give a product with the high spec. neoprene, but also with the costs savings associated with EPDM.
- Low compression force PU foams are also available which are low cost sealing foams, though high volumes are required
- Semi-Open cell PVC-Nitrile is a new product that is excellent where uneven gaps are present and good UV and ozone resistance is required
Should you have a specific requirement or enquiry for these products or any other potential application, please give us a call for a friendly impartial discussion, or simply complete our online web form or email us at: email@example.com and we will respond immediately.